The Big Loop: Leftovers (53 images)

Most of these photographs didn't make it into any of my daily posts... for no particular reason. A few did, but deserve a repost. So this is a kind of mop up and will include three groups: Strangers No More, Friends & Family, and Nature.

-------

Strangers No More: These were some very nice people I met along the way who brightened my trip in some way. There were plenty more people like them that I just didn't shoot.

These young ladies volunteered to take my photo at Monument Valley when I was trying to get a selfie.

Steve, gallery owner in Bluff, UT

This restaurant manager made me breakfast even though the restaurant was closed!

Acoma artist, Albuquerque, NM

Just a nice couple I visited with along a bird walk in Galveston, TX

These terrific bank employees offered tourist help and friendly conversation in Nachogdoches, TX

A fan photo with Marty Hogan, who dominated professional racquetball in the 70s and 80s

Jeff, our tour guide at Gettysburg

Clyde, my nephew's grandfather-in-law who is also his hunting buddy

Alyshia and Patrick, good friends of good friends. Montreal

When these two old guys sat down at the table next to me in a restaurant near the Little Bighorn, I just had to learn about them. Great guys!

I volunteered to take a photo of these two Chinese girls overlooking Montreal. Then of course I needed one with them! Cute girls.
-------

This next group is "Friends and Family". Some were already posted, some not. It is my chance to celebrate these loved ones.

With old friends Jeff and Colin at Big Bend

My niece Kaity and her wonderful family

My sister Pat confirming that she is NOT as large as a condor

With my brothers, Dave and Kev. I'm the handsome one

My brother Kevin in his wood shop with a few of his bowls.

Getting ice cream with Nolan (nephew), Carolyn (sis) and Dave (B-I-L)



Camryn, my sister's granddaughter, found a great way to eat raspberries

Carolyn and Dave, always fun at a party!

Carolyn with grand-twins Hudson and Camryn

My nephew Ryan with his son Hudson

I just like this shot. Carolyn, Hudson and Camryn saying goodbye from inside
Kristy and Jared, old friends

My niece's son Enzo with his dog

My old friend Cory and his wife Paula

Their best side? Nah, I just realized that I never got a shot of my sister Pat's family (except this one taken while birding).

My buddy Arlo (Kaity's son)

With Cory, my fraternity brother of nearly fifty years
-------

The last group includes a few stray nature shots that didn't get included before.









Okay, yes, this is a repeat. But it's one of my favorite images from the whole trip.






















Comments

Carolyn said…
In a way, these are my favorite!