Celebrating a Gorgeous Day (26 images)

Monday was a truly gorgeous day. And what better way to enjoy it than with nature? First, I drove up to one of my favorite spots, the Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area, to do some birdwatching. Like the Bear River Bird Refuge, there is currently a LOT of water out there, which is attracting big flocks of migrating birds.

I didn't get so photograph a wide variety of species, but I did get unusually close to a fishing Great Blue Heron. It's so fun to watch their ultimate patience and ultra slow stalking motions while they search for fish (or frogs, etc.). Then, when they do strike, it is lightning fast. Nature at its finest! I also love watching them in and around their rookery, which got repaired and expanded in the off-season.








Yellow-headed Blackbird

American Kestrel

Canada Goose and Gosling

Then I drove up to the Ogden Botanical Gardens, along the Ogden River, to check out their late spring colors. They put a lot of effort each year into refreshing and improving the gardens there. So enjoy - I sure did! And, by the way, consider planning a trip to see them yourself - there will be plenty more color there to see all summer. 
(By the way, afterwards, I did swing by the Salt Lake Cemetery to pay my respects and reflect on how thankful I am for all that I have.)

















Comments

Carolyn said…
LOVE the iris and roses pictures! Looks like it was fun watching the herons fishing.