The Big Loop, Days 50/51: Buffalo Sites (13 images)

I "set up camp" at my sister's home near Buffalo, NY, for almost two weeks. So we had a LOT of time to spend visiting and sightseeing. And it was a very nice break from the road.

I have already seen Niagra Falls a few times, so did not go back there this trip. But we did take in two local destinations that were very interesting: Amish country and the Erie Canal.

I find the Amish to be a fascinating group. A bit like the early Mormons, eh? Fairly private folks, serious minded, hard working. Out of respect, I won't go into detail about them here. Rather, I recommend you do a little internet searching. But I did get a few shots and we met several friendly folks.


Tree Swallow




We also drove up to see a section of the Erie Canal. It was (at its peak) WAY larger than I ever imagined it to be, and was a VERY important shipping channel.








Comments