The Big Loop, Day 25: Birding (9 images)

On day 24 of my big adventure, I ended up driving for over 12 hours. Ugh! But I really wanted to outrun some rotten, very rainy weather and potential tornadoes along the way. I did eventually make it to my sister's home in St. Louis last evening, very tired but safe and dry. No photos from day 24.

Northern Cardinal

Day 25's low-key fun (while I recuperate) was a birding walk with my sister. Things were a bit soggy but it was good to stretch my legs, visit with my sis, and enjoy nature. And I was able to capture two new "life list" birds!

Barred Owl Northern (New life list bird for me)

Northern Cardinal

Swamp Sparrow (New life list bird for me)



Red-wing Blackbird

Northern Mockingbird  (New life list bird for me)

Northern Mockingbird  (New life list bird for me)

Song Sparrow

White-throated Sparrow (New life list bird for me)


Comments

Carolyn said…
Bring the owl with you to my place!