The Big Loop, Day 2: Kayenta, AZ, to Bluff, UT, to Chambers AZ (20 images)

Today was a big, beautiful day. I saw some incredible destinations, visited with some terrific people, and logged a lot of "windshield time" (250 miles). 

My first goal was to visit Monument Valley at sunrise, so I had to get up and ready to go before dawn. Imagine my surprise to walk out to my truck (and everything else) covered in 8 inches of snow (Kayenta, AZ) where there had been almost none the night before.

But I have a 4wd truck and predicted that a covering of snow at Monument Valley would only add to its majesty. So I hit the messy road and... boy was I right! I ended up experiencing a morning view unlike any other on this planet! I just don't have the words to adequately describe the spectacular window that nature offered me! I'm better with photographs anyway.




Looking West Toward Goulding's




Okay, I Had Just Shot This Selfie When...

... Two Lovely Young Ladies From Japan Volunteered To Help.

They Did Much Better!






Ah, the "Forest Gump Viewpoint". Run, Steve, Run!

Then I was off northeast to Bluff, UT, to visit a cherished acquaintance and have a good meal. (More on that in a separate, bonus post.) Then south past Canyon de Chelly on the overlook road. Then finally to the tiny town of Chambers, AZ, to rest and gear up for tomorrow's adventures.

Antelope House, Canyon de Chelly

Antelope House, Canyon de Chelly


Comments

Carolyn said…
Incredible pictures!