The Big Loop, Day 13: San Antonio (29 images)

There is a lot to see and do in San Antonio. But I only had part of one day, so I chose to go downtown to take a tour of The Alamo and the River Walk. Both turned out to be very good choices.

For some naive reason, I expected The Alamo to still be surrounded by "old west" - dust and tumbleweeds. Foolish me. It is right in the heart of downtown, metropolitan San Antonio. I had also forgotten that it was actually a church that was being used as a defensive for of sorts. I'm glad I got to learn more about that tough event in our history.

















The River Walk is made up of shops, gardens, bars and restaurants along the San Antonio River. The tour involves a slow, guided, narrated boat ride. It is informational, promotional, scenic... and very relaxing.













Comments

Carolyn said…
Fun day! I loved the timeline at The Alamo.