Spelunking!

If you are from northern Utah, you've probably visited Timpanogos Cave. Or maybe you've been to Lehman Cave in Great Basin National Park, just into Nevada. Fun stuff!

Today I got to do the Montana version - the caves at Lewis and Clark State Park (https://fwp.mt.gov/stateparks/lewis-and-clark-caverns). Like the others, it features lots of strategically placed lights showing off lots of stalagmites, stalactites, columns, popcorn, flowstone, helictites, soda straws and plenty more. I'm enthused about the night feature on my new cell phone camera - I was able to get some very nice handheld shots in VERY low light.

It was a nice drive to get there, and an easy hike from the visitor center to the cave opening. Our guide was very knowledgeble and had plenty of corny jokes to entertain us. All in all, it was a relaxing way to see some of the local flavor. I highly recommend it!


















 


Comments

Carolyn said…
Cool tour! I love the fourth picture…what is it?
Anonymous said…
Beautiful photos Steve! Looks like you’re having a good time! Sending you love for your journey!