Birds, Birds, Birds

Today's birdwatching took me to two great St George parks, Boots Cox Park and Cottonwood Park. The weather was warm and the winds had died down. So it was a beautiful day. I spotted some familiar species (Black-chinned Hummingbird, Great Blue Herons, House Finch, a Hummingbird nest and a Red-tailed Hawk).

But I also found two new "life list" birds: A male Bullocks Oriole (brilliant yellow) and a Lucy's Warbler (white and gray). It just worked out that I got to wrap up my trip with an impromptu visit with two old friends, Nick and Signe. All in all, a terrific day!

By the way that last "bird" is a B-17 Flying Fortress that happened to be in town!















Comments

Carolyn said…
Love the hummingbird nest and the yellow oriole! Great pictures!
Martine said…
I‘m glad you’ve seen so many birds!