Raptors, Raptors, Raptors

I've had some excellent days with bird watching, especially raptors. A few days ago I got some shots of some Red Tailed Hawks and some Great Blue Herons sharing a roosting tree.

Then, today was a very special day. Two old friends and I drove up to Kolob Terrace in Zion National Park. There are two ponds near the Lava Point Overlook that attract Osprey, Bald Eagles and California Condors. Today we got to briefly witness a couple of Bald Eagles flying together. And, as if was staged for us, an Osprey, very close by, hovered over one of the ponds, then dropped down to grab a bite of breakfast in the form of a small fish. That is a "bucket list" photo I have been hoping for, and more importantly, an event I have been hoping to witness.

So this morning was a very special morning.
















Comments

Carolyn said…
These are amazing! To stay with the osprey as it flew down and got the fish…amazing!