The Big Loop, Day 32: Recap

I've been reflecting on my journey so far and all of the great experiences it has offered. Some highlights include:

- Over 30 days, over 4,200 miles, over 20,000 hits on this blog (thank you), eight states (UT, AZ, NM, TX, AR, TN, MS, MO), and VERY close to Mexico (just across the Rio Grande).

- Reconnecting with four old friends and eight close family members, whom I all dearly love. Meeting a racquetball hero, the greatest player from the 70's and 80's.

- Four National Parks (Petrified Forest, White Sands Carlsbad Caverns, Big Bend (And drove past a fifth, Guadelupe Mountain). Three were first time visits, and I hadn't seen the Petrified Forest for about 35 years).

- Monument Valley, very high on my list of "happy places". Several state parks & national wildlife areas and national monuments, a "pueblo in the sky", and historic sites: NASA's Johnson Space Center and The Alamo.

- Photographing all of that, plus: butterflies, flowers, birds, other wildlife, clydesdales, wetlands, historic sites, special strangers, roadside curiousities, glorious skies at all times of the day, and more.

---

Now, here is the crazy part: I'm not even halfway into this adventure! I'm very excited about what is to come; the places, the people, the photographs, the memories, the emotions. Soon, I'll continue eastward through IL, KY, TN, NC, WV and VA, where I will then take another break and stay for a while with family.

I appreciate your taking time to join me along my journey, even if it is only digitally. If you keep viewing, I'll keep posting. P.S. I love your comments!


Comments

Carolyn said…
I love your pictures! The east is ready for you!