Photography Quote #3


“These are the two basic controls at the photographer's command--position and timing--all others are extensions, peripheral ones, compared to them” 
― David Hurn

I just ran across this image from 2008 after not seeing it for quite a few years. I love this shot. It was the result of getting up real early to be on location and ready when the balloon was being inflated. Then building rapport with the balloon's owner to be able to get creative shots without getting in his way or doing anything unsafe or foolish. Then, through the trust we had built, boldly asking if we could go inside the balloon for some quick shots. Then trying to see and capture as many different images as possible in a VERY short period. Most of my shots were of the balloon only. But when I noticed my friends sprawled out on the ground, each making his own images, I got this shot too. 
I love the bright colors and patterns in this image. But the main reason I love this shot so much is that I have never seen another one even remotely like it. Another is that it transports me back to that moment in time so well that my friends and I spent exploring our love of photography.




Comments

Jeff E Jensen said…
Oh man, that was a good time!