Highland Games-State Championships-Stone Put (44 images)

Saturday's action from the games. I am posting a LOT of photos - far too many for the casual viewer, but I think the athletes will like them. So I will break them down by event. This group is of the small opening ceremony and the Stone Put, very similar to track and field's shot put. This competition used "canon balls" instead of stones. There were three rounds (or "tries") in each of the events, so some of the images may seem like duplicates... but they are not!

For these state championships, the top ten qualifiers, men and women, competed against each other. To level the playing field, the men's apparatus weights were roughly double that of the women's. 

I wish I could make it to Sunday's events, but I have a conflict. It's very impressive competition, very friendly and extremely beautiful surroundings (Solitude Resort).
















































Comments