A River Runs Through It (11 images)

While searching for California Condors from the Navajo Bridge at Marble Canyon, I was also trying to just enjoy the peacefulness of the Colorado River and surrounding bedrock canyons.  As I was making some shots of the river, I noticed three rubber rafts languidly floating downstream from Lees Ferry, where they had put in. I'm not sure if it was a recreational or science-based outing. Either way, the quiet of the day, coupled with the lovely color palette and swirling patterns were truly calming. By the way, note in one image that the silty clouds of sandstone sediment being carried downstream were so clearly visible. 

I've also tossed in a photo at Horseshoe Bend, near Page, Arizona, that I shot later in the afternoon as a bonus image. Enjoy - you earned it by getting all of the way to the end! 














Comments