Mountain Goat (7 images)

Last evening, I took my sister and brother-in-law up to Logan Pass to hike the Hidden Lake Overlook. It did not disappoint. Beautiful scenery, great weather, a spectacular vista at the end, and then... a mountain goat emerged from the trees and strolled past us, just grazing. So, here are a few photos of the encounter


While the ascent challenged my old knees and hips, it has been one of my favorite hikes here and I have done it six or eight times. Last evening's hike may be my last one up there this summer. Sigh. I have also had the pleasure of meeting some very nice folks along that hike, last evening included. We met some friends of friends and had a great conversation and good laughs on the way down.

Later, on the drive back, in the dark, we stopped in the road for about five minutes to allow a black bear to "do its thing". It was eating berries alongside the road, sometimes coming out into the road a bit, eventually crossing it and disappearing into the night. No photos of him, but I did log some strong memories.








Comments

Carolyn said…
The mountain goat pictures…WOW! The last picture looks like a beautiful watercolor!
Unknown said…
Being the friend of the friends, we appreciate the subtle “shout out!” I actually sent a message to J.E. today to let him know that we’ve met. He hasn’t claimed you yet, but I’m sure he will.
Great pictures of the white goat! After leaving the parking lot of Logan’s Pass, we ran into a couple of them drinking water off the street.
Thanks for the good laughs as we finished that hike and I hope those knees are doing ok!

-Landon & Paige
Las Vegas, NV (But, really Kaysville, UT.) 😉