Knee-Deep in (Bighorn) Sheep! (16 images)


The visit from my sister and brother-in-law wound down in grand style yesterday. After a hike at Two Medicine, we encountered a herd of about ten big horn sheep milling around. By their size and horn length, I estimate them all to be in their first and second-year. Probably some ewes also. There were a few new calves, but no big rams. 

For a while, they were all jostling for position to lick a rock - maybe salty? I don't know. They stayed alert to the humans nearby, but were not scared off by their presence. Unlike some of the more aggressive tourists, we stayed in the truck and still had great views. Anyway, here is my collection of images - I love those big, orange eyes!

















Comments

Carolyn said…
You’re right, the orange eyes! ❤️ Great pictures!
Debbie Jorde said…
Wonderful pictures and experiences Steve! Sending you love!❤️