Up, Up and Away (32 images)

For visual artists and art lovers, hot air balloons are a natural draw - the shapes, patterns, colors. They are "punchy" images just waiting for the trained eye. I got my first introduction to ballooning in the mid-90's, while on assignment for the Spectrum Newspaper in St. George. And I have attended several balloon fests since. They are always a source of excitement for me, whether I get to go flying or not. 

For those of you who have ever considered going up but have had concerns: I have a fear of heights, but NEVER had a moment of anxiety on my flights. It's is a slow, dreamy ride with highly trained, genuinely friendly people. Go up! 

These images are from yesterday's St. George Hot Air Balloon Festival. I shot so many images that I am splitting them into two large galleries: early morning launch and evening glow. Sorry, but these are not in chronological order - I shot with two different cameras and I gave up on sorting them all.
































Comments