New Digs, New Birds (10 images)

Mexican Duck (maybe a hybrid with a Mallard)

I have made it to Virgin, Utah, which is just west of Zion National Park. It's a long way from Glacier National Park, both in miles and in climate/geography. I'll be spending four months here, avoiding northern Utah's snow, as well as the throngs of tourists who swarm here in the warmer months. Of course I'll be exploring. Of course I will take my camera.

Today I got started by going on a Bird Walk with the Red Cliffs Audubon group. Nice group, nice trip. I did see a few new birds to add to my "life list". More to come in the weeks ahead!

Great Blue Heron

Abert's Towhee (new addition to my life list)

American Robin


Immature White-crowned Sparrow

Great Blue Heron

Mallard (from the back)

Mute Swan (new addition to my life list)

Mute Swan - I like the water droplets


Comments

Carolyn said…
Love the swan pictures!