A Huge Surprise!

Yesterday, on the spur of the moment, I decided to support an old friend's daughter by attending a play at the West Valley Performing Arts Center. Truthfully, "Legally Blonde" would not be my first choice of plays to see. But I was interested to see her perform.

The small theater is cozy, the production was very professional, and I was enjoying the fun (even though I had to squeeze my large body into a small, front-row seat with skimpy legroom. So I was happy for an intermission, where I could stretch out my sore legs.

Here's where it got weird: In the lobby, with my head down, checking my phone, I heard an enthusiastic: "See, it IS Stevo!" Not only was it the performer's mother, but several of her extended family members (aunts, uncle, cousins), some attending from out of state!  That's a family that I have been very close to for over forty years, and see very infrequently these days. I love that group! I had NO IDEA that they were going to be there. And vise versa. Truly serendipitous! 

The play was a lot of fun. The post-play reconnecting was even better!! Bryn, the talented actress, is front row, center, in the ball cap. Check out the play, but hurry, as it runs only through August.



Comments