A Few Late Summer Flowers

 My planning was bad. Okay, it was non-existent. Through a friend's facebook page, I became aware of the Conservation Garden Park. So, while I was out and about, I decided to drop in and check it out.

It's a terrific place that includes extensive gardens and winding paths you can stroll through and enjoy. There are also plenty of clever water conservation exhibits along the way - terrific, as water conservation is a big deal in Utah! A bonus is that birds love it there, and in the surrounding fields.

So... my non-existent planning occurred on 3 levels:
1. The late-summer season. The flowering plants are past their prime.
2. Time of day. To set the stage for great bird photos, you go out early in the day, not 6:00 in the evening!
3. No camera. My mind was obviously on vacation when I walked out my door.

What did I do?
1. I used my cell phone to grab some snapshots of whatever was there, at that time. I'm posting them here, such as they are.
2. I committed to returning as soon as they open on Monday WITH my camera.
3. I plan to return in late spring, to get the full floral effect.

I highly recommend you visit the Conservation Garden Park in West Jordan.











Comments