February Birding

Bald Eagle

These images are from two recent trips: one yesterday to one of my favorite birding spots, Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area. The other was today in the Fountain Green area (Sanpete Co.). 

February is the best month for viewing bald eagles in northern Utah and I did see a few. I'll go back out in a few weeks to see if I can get more. 

Take note that in one shot you can see part of the eagle's prey, a mallard duck, that it has brought back to the privacy of the trees.

Pied-billed Grebe

Ring-billed Gull

Ring-billed Gull

American Kestrels

Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle with Prey

Bald Eagle

American Kestrel

Red-Tailed Hawk
Roughly 18 Bald Eagles

Comments

Carolyn said…
I love the bald eagle pictures ESPECIALLY the one of all of them in the tree! Outstanding photo!