Apikuni Falls (14 images)

My first hike this summer at Glacier National Park was a real winner.

Apikuni Falls is just under 3 miles west of the Many Glaciers entrance to the park. It's a short but steep hike, a challenge for my old legs. But the spectacular views along the way and the 100 foot waterfall at the end were well worth the effort and fatigue.

Conditions: Early evening, cloudy, dry, 55-60, no wind. So... perfect!

The grizzly sighting (from my truck) on the way back was icing on the cake.
















Comments

Unknown said…
I think when it gets to be hot in salt lake in July and August you'll have a friend show up at your doorstep. Just a hunch.
Carolyn said…
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Marion said…
I love the waterfall pictures.

Jann Hopkins said…
What a fabulous hike! Thanks for taking us along! Are the flower CUs Glacier Lilly and Shooting Star? They are beautiful. I've always loved the majesty of a wildflower meadow; how it carpets the view in brilliant color! It makes me want to just swim in it. Loved all the photos of the falls, especially the last one that shows its incredible power. You had to "get there" to really experience that one. However, I would have to say the grizzly bear photo is certainly a candidate for a Lifetime Achievement Award. How many people get that shot from a car? Oh, wait, that's just typical for you...with a little work of course.