The countdown has begun!

Here I am outside my new home. And a few photos inside showing the stuff I have to get organized.

Wow. The detail of this transition is taking lot longer than I predicted. I got my home sold, stored everything in a storage unit (with the help of a good friend), purchased a truck and trailer, rented a P.O. box, and taken up temporary occupation of another good friend's guest room.

I've made countless trips to D.I. and have given away lots of that stuff we all tend to accumulate as time goes on. I've discontinued services and sent out change of address notices. I finished my taxes (yay)! 

I've been reading the manuals for the truck and trailer, and still have a lot to learn. I've watch a ga-zillion YouTube videos "for newbies". I've bugged four friends who have trailers again and again for coaching. I've picked up a bunch of tools and accessories to cover me in full-service or boon docking situations.

Today and yesterday I've been pulling clothing, tools, kitchen stuff, camping gear, etc, etc, etc, out of the storage unit and have been getting the trailer organized. 

Over the weekend, I will practice backing up with a trailer attached. So, NOW, I have started looking in earnest for RV spots and/or work-camping opportunities. Hopefully something interesting will pop up soon.

Most of the time I am still very enthused about this major change. But I would be lying if I didn't admit to some anxious moments, dark thoughts, and stress. I guess it would be odd if I DIDN'T have some of those stray doubts. It will get MUCH better when I actually hit the road. I'll keep you posted when that happens of course.







Comments

Carolyn said…
Great looking truck and travel trailer! I’m so excited for you!