California Condors and the Colorado River

Before I headed out on my current trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, I set a goal to find at least one California Condor and make a good image of it. But there aren't a lot of them in the wild and northern Arizona is a BIG place. So... no promises, as they say.

Well, I hit the jackpot! On my very first evening I found and photographed nineteen of them! Now, Google says that there are about eighty in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah. So I'm feeling very fortunate to have seen so many. 

While there, I shot just over 300 photos. I have done a quick pass through them and have selected a few good ones.


Enjoy!












Comments

Carolyn said…
These are all great! I especially like #9bird and the birds feeding each other or whatever they’re doing and the River shot too!
Unknown said…
Those are great pics....

Especially considering that they were from your cell phone.... :-)

All kidding aside.... Very very nice..
Unknown said…
Those are great pics....

Especially considering that they were from your cell phone.... :-)

All kidding aside.... Very very nice..
Debbie Jorde said…
I love these pictures, Steve!! So wonderful!! Hugs and loves!