A New Chapter!


After many months of dreaming, researching and planning, I am making a big change in my life. A BIG change. I have long wanted to explore more: More states, more National/State Parks/Monuments, more campgrounds, more roadside attractions. 

Since retiring in 2020, I've felt a growing need to reinvigorate my life. It's time for new experiences. It's time to take a MUCH closer look at nature's incredible palette.

So, I finally got up the nerve to do some major down-sizing, sell my condo, buy a travel trailer, and hit the road! Whether I live out of that trailer only seasonally or year-round is yet to be determined. As I begin this open-ended adventure, I am taking inspiration from the 'Paint Your Wagon' musical's rousing theme song':

Where am I goin'? I don't know.

Where am I heading'? I ain't certain.

All I know is I am on my way.

When will I be there? I don't know.

When will I get there? I ain't certain.

All I know is I am on my way.

I guess I've always been a bit of a Nomad at heart. I can't remember how many times I have relocated during my adult life. Or how many different jobs/occupations I have held. You could say that "I was born under a Wandering Star". Routine has never been my 'normal'. Frankly, 'normal' has never really been my 'normal'. Yet I've now lived in the same home for 18 years. It's time to reinvent, renew, recreate!!

So, I'm VERY close to completing the sale of my condo. Then I will need a month or so to learn the ropes of trailer management and chart a course. I will keep you posted here of my new experiences. I hope you reciprocate by leaving comments or emailing me.

Does any of this romantic thought sound good to you? If so, paint your wagon, and come along!

Comments

Carolyn said…
I LOVE THIS! Good luck and ENJOY! Keep posting pictures of wherever you go and whatever you see!